Viessmann 200 Weather compensation Probe

Mop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have to buy a oem part or does someone know, or perhaps could someone suggest a cheaper generic component ... ?

Lets not get carried away with the side issues guys ..... "Core Question"

:D

Sponsored Links
I think that it is a standard 10 k NTC thermistor.

If not then diffferent value thermistors can be arranged in series to produce the required value.

More interesting is to produce a potentiometer and indoor and outdoor sensors to set the amount the boiler responds to each one.

However, strictly speaking you should not use components which are not supplied and approved by the manufacturer.

a probe normally goes in a cylinder or pocket what you refer to is the outdoor sensor I imagine..

are you talking the 100 boiler of the 200...

if its the latter I would be sure there are lots of tricks up the manufacturers sleeves...

The outside temperature sensor comes with the Vitotronic 200 controller; you don't need to buy it seperately.

Sponsored Links
I think that it is a standard 10 k NTC thermistor.

If not then diffferent value thermistors can be arranged in series to produce the required value.

More interesting is to produce a potentiometer and indoor and outdoor sensors to set the amount the boiler responds to each one.

However, strictly speaking you should not use components which are not supplied and approved by the manufacturer.

Many thanks for your help ...... I will look in to this :D

a probe normally goes in a cylinder or pocket what you refer to is the outdoor sensor I imagine..

are you talking the 100 boiler of the 200...

if its the latter I would be sure there are lots of tricks up the manufacturers sleeves...

200 :eek:

They do I got one ..... They do a mini controller including a indoor temp capture device .....

When you scroll thro "i" you get which temp you have set it to achieve & what it actually is ..... Although fitting this loops out on boiler temp adjuster..... Its adjustable from the remote unit

I'm impressed, it works a treat ,,,,, unless its windy.... Then you have to "Up" the target temp by 3*C .... I find that works.... I have Dble Glazing & plastic doors, cavity wall insul ... Oh & two foot of fuzzy foam in the loft too ...... It still gets in tho' :mad:(

The Radio clock addon I have works a dream too....... However its calibrated to Central Euro time, so you have to bear this in mind when your setting it up ..... Hardly a biggie :D

If ypu have to the target temperature when it is wondy,, then the issue is the heatloss of the house NOT the boiler anc heating system..

The vititronic 200 t is a fantastic bit of kit..I have to say...

If its windy then the heatloss of the building changes and so the required curve is altered.

Unfortunately, short of an anemometer, I cannot suggest a solution.

But a hot wire ( resistor ) anemometer is a very cheap device to design and make.

But I doubt that anyone except Alex would be interested.

Tony

Back to the core question. If it is a WB2A/B/C series, the outside sensor is pt no 7820148.
Call Viessmann Spares if it is an earlier boiler or a WB1A/B/C.

Just as a matter of interest chaps they are PTC Thermistors @ 500ohm

Incase you were interested ... ;)

What Matt was on about I have no idea :(

Vitodens 200 WB2A

They are different for Vitodens 100 boilers. No, I don't know why.

Just as a matter of interest chaps they are PTC Thermistors @ 500ohm

Incase you were interested ... ;)

What Matt was on about I have no idea :(

Vitodens 200 WB2A

I'm sure the engineers knew what I was on about though!
The figures I quoted are for the newer Vitodens 200 WB2C outside sensor and looking at the Values for the WB2A one, I'm not surprised they changed it!(see below)
sorry for the confusion peeps

Oh and if anyone is interested then Mop is correct the earlier ones are PTC,
500 ohms @ 0c and around 545 ohms @ +20c :eek:

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back