viessmann 200w or 100w for 3 bed semi with 7 rads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need a new boiler fitted and after reading many threads on here am drawn towards the viessmann or atag boilers. I am more interested in the viessmann 200 with the full weather compenstator kit because as I understand, I can tweak that from the more advanced control panel?? wheras the 100w only has a plug in weather sensor with no direct controls? It is to be a straight swap from a now well dodgy vokera linea 24 to a 26kw of the above mentioned, sorry to bombard you with questions but would I need to upgrade my gas supply? thanks.

Sponsored Links
possibly you may have to upgrade the gas supply it all depends..

The 200 has lots of bells and whistles, which enable you to match the boiler to the install...

the 100 is great too...but you will need yet more controls such as a programmable room thermostat too..

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies fellas, my gas supply pipe looks like around 25mm if thats any help. Would you favour the 200w over the 100w and if so why?

only because of the controls, they both have the same heat exchanger, but different control units.

whilst both take an outdoor sensor the weather compensation on the 200 is in a different league from the 100. Have a look at the viessmann website to see what the differences are in the brochure about weather compensation.

if you are wedded to numpty on-off controls then the 100 is for you...its also good...

Gas pipe is copper, run from meter is around 6 Mtr. I liked the look of the 200 because it has the more advanced wc control unit, I take it I can set it up tweak it to my needs then just leave it yeah? thanks for the replies.

yeah thats right.. once set up you only need to set the holiday programme.. the rest can be automatic..

Like all technology if you don't use it frequently you won't remember how to change something... thats a pretty universal human condition, although it is always tempting to blame the technology!

Cheer Alec, would it be best to get a room stat also if using the wc on the 200w or is it best with just TVR's fitted to all rads?

well TRVS are a good idea as they give you some localised control, but not strictly necesary with this controller.

This system is desiged to work without a room thermostat or sensor.. the boiler controller is usually placed in the boiler and gives the programming options for temperatures and times..

and very well it works too with no indoor sensing...I have a bout 50 out there with only the outdoor sensor..

I suggest you ring Viessmann for more information.

Will do, cheers Alec. Just not sure if I would have the control required with the vitronic weather control, will invesigate further :D

No, you don't need any other control with a Vitodens 200-W with Vitotronic 200 weather compensation. You cannot in fact connect a room thermostat to it.

what do you do when you think "I feel a bit cold tonight, I think I'll turn the heating up?"

raise the target room temperature which will stay there...or put it into party mode which ends at the next time change (IIRC), just like a boost button...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back