Viessmann Vitodens F222

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it normal for the fan to run continuously on this boiler? I have one fitted with UFH and rads upstairs. Even when there's no demand for heat or hot water it is running. :confused:

Sponsored Links
are you sure its the fan...the pumps do run alot but thats part of the weather compensation control strategy, if thats what fitted...

Hi Alec, it's a constant temp model. Could be the pump. Just concerned as it seems to be running non-stop for over a week now.

How long ago was it fitted?

I seem to remember when I fitted one that happened and there was a setting that needed to be changed that they had not put in the book! Possibly that was after fitting the W/C controller though.

Problem was the owner got the fix from Vies tech before I had a chance!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I posted the answer to this question at midnight the day it was posted. My answer had been removed - with others to two different questions - by nine the next morning.

WHY?

The answer is in the book. It applies to the pump overrun on constant temperature controlled versions.

Thanks folks.

Mysteryman, sorry, didn't see your previous post. I've had a look at the book but can't find anything. Could you point me in the right direction please?

J

Refer to the service book. Access Code 2. Visit addresses F5, F6, and F7. Reduce the value of each to 1. These are all to do with pump overrun on constant temperature boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back