Vokera Excell 80SP - low pressure? No hot water / CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm back ... after a year of no troubles, following last year's mess, the Vokera has decided to play-up again almost a year to the day!

There is no hot water or CH. This is a problem that largely largely just started happening, rather than a gradual build-up.

Last year, the service kit was fitted, a new valve to replace a broken one, and a new main burner.

On turning on the hot tap, you can hear the fan kick in, but the main burner does not fire.

The pressure is below 1 bar when cold.
(Please SEE picture BELOW) I have tried the blue angled tap, but this does not seem to let in any water. The pressure did not rise. I thought this might be due to the pipe which the blue angled tap is connected to via the briaded hose, so I have also tried unscrewing what i presume is a valve, that has not worked. I have also turned the boiler stopcock (round black) completely off and now completely on.

None of this worked. The pressure did not rise and the boiler did notfire.

What DID WORK was giving the boiler a couple a of smacks (!!) on the very top. Something then seemed to whir a bit loudly, and then it kicked into life. Odd.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
R

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if the fan is worn and sticking.

But this should be diagnosed by a gas registered engineer and replaced if necessary.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Could anyone please tell me how to top up the pressure?

open the valve on the end of the silver braided pipe :!:

By that do you mean the blue angled tap - or the vale with the screw or both? - I've tried but failed with those, as said above....
I have tried the blue angled tap, but this does not seem to let in any water. The pressure did not rise. I thought this might be due to the pipe which the blue angled tap is connected to via the briaded hose, so I have also tried unscrewing what i presume is a valve, that has not worked.

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

Blocked venturi - and the blue angled tap ahd actually won, so need to be taken off and turned by pliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back