Water Coming out of vent pipe

OP you mentioned using a cleanser but did not say which!

They are not all the same.

DS40 is about the only one likely to work but may cause leaks.

I dont think you realise just how bad your system is!

Tony

Sponsored Links
OP you mentioned using a cleanser but did not say which!

They are not all the same.

DS40 is about the only one likely to work but may cause leaks.

I dont think you realise just how bad your system is!

Tony

hi I used the same one that I put a link to on eBay. Hydrocare h 2.

will the mains hose flush help? Where is best to connect?

thanks

I have never heard of that one. dont think something dor a fiver is going to be any good!

Any idea of what it contains?

Tony

that fuelsaver is a relic of the early 90`s , isn`t it :confused: . Fortic tank for the domestic hot water too - I`m gonna say , get a new system in with a conbi . Get 3 quotes , make one of them from Herts. drainage ;)

Sponsored Links
Not sure what's in the cleaner as I'm at work.

Trust me I'd love a new system. But just bought the flat recently and I'm on a seriously tight budget. It would take about 18 months to save for new system.

so I really need to keep this relic going a while longer!

do you recommend trying to flush it with a hose?
could I make it worse?

What is the best way for me to remove this gunk from the system? If there was that much in the feeder tank can I expect there to be loads more in all the pipes and air separator?

I want to try and flush the system tomorrow or sunday but I don't know where the best place would be to insert the hose?
At the boiler where i Have a bleed valve? or somewhere else?

Can someone tell me if fernox f3 just loosens all the sludge and scale or if it breaks it down so that it can easily be drained? After 3 days of fernox the boiler is staying on and not clunking. But will the sludge have just moved elsewhere or does it get broken up or dissolved.
thanks.

As Tony posted, Fernox DS40 is possibly the only thing that MAY work at this stage. If you're paying a tenner for a sludge remover, it won't be enough. Drain down when hot as possible, and start over with clean water. A lot of the dislodged sludge should come out.

so I really need to keep this relic going a while longer!

do you recommend trying to flush it with a hose?
could I make it worse?
Fair enough . You won`t make it worse flushing with a hose , but connecting hoses to drain cocks isn`t the most fluid tight thing :cry: . I`ve had some sucess in the past by using plastic (speedfit) pipe and fittings and rigging up temporary in /out pipes

The boiler is actually staying on for a while now so I think the fernox f3 has at least cleared some sludge out of the boiler in the past 3 days. I am still having banging and gurgling in the pipes. I plan to leave it in for a week, then drain, mains flush with a hose and refill, then repeat with another bottle of f3.
Does that seem a good idea?
With regard to mains flushing, I was thinking of disconnecting the return valve on hallway radiator and connecting hose there to tap, while draining from drain point in airing cupboard via another hose.

Why ask for advice when you won't accept it? Fernox f3 is NOT Fernox DS40. And nowhere near as good.

Hi I know DS40 has been advised but 'may cause leaks' is just something I cannot afford to risk.

Can you please advise on the method I have proposed or maybe suggest another, I'm aware fernox f3 may not (or probably won't) work but I would still like to give it a go as I have had some improvement ie from boiler cutting out after 30 secs to boiler now staying on for over an hour.

Surely it can't hurt to try and not much money spent.

Thanks for your help.

Have you considered a magnetic filter on the boiler return? Money well spent in your case, collect all the crap as its removed, without draining down. Helps keep your cleaning chems working better too.

Its good to hear that the F3 has made some improvement.

I have never been very impressed with its capabilities. Its only a chellating agent.

DS40 contains citric and malic acids which actually dissolve the oxides which is why its the only thing which will significantly help your system.

But it also can make rads pinhole where the is only paint holding the water in and you dissolve the oxide coating on the inside.

Similarly the valve spindles can leak after the oxides have been dissolved away.

I think that Fernox make a stronger cleanser, still a non acid but stronger, perhaps F5 ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back