Water Goes Warm then Cold then Warm - Buderus 500-24c Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved in to a house with a Buderus 500-24c and I'm having a problem with the hot water.

When I turn on the hot tap, the water gets warm, but then after a while the boiler cuts out and the water goes cold (the flame symbol on the display goes out), then a few seconds later the flame re ignites and the water goes warm again. The process repeats over and over. The water never gets as hot as I'd like it to, even with the boiler set to max (60c).

It seems that as soon as I turn the hot water on, the central heating temperature on the display shoots up, even when the CH is off. Is this normal? (I'm new to combis, my old place had an old fashioned system). The water heating cuts out when this reaches the CH temp setting, even when on max (80c).

The pressure of HW is low too, even though the mains water pressure is high. Is that likely to be related to this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Ring Worcester mate, Buderus are a nightmare, most likely plate and isn't a DIY fix.

I take it the CH temp display hitting around 80 degrees when I turn the tap on isn't normal then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back