What are the current good boiler makes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need a new boiler for the office at work to heat 6 big rads (doubles 120cm x 60cm) and 2 small ones in the toilets.

Been offered a Vokera with 2 years warranty but my first search in Google is putting me off, I'm thinking Worcester or Valliant would be a better choice.

What's the opinions of the currently available boilers preferably with 5 years warranty.

Sponsored Links
Worcester, Vaillant, Glow-worm: all available with 5 year warranty.

there is a few really bad brands but vokera and middle of the road brand.

what you should be after is good installer and go with what he thinks is best for you be it vokera or what ever.

Sponsored Links
Yours is one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum, do a search. You'll see Vaillant and Intergas pop up quite a lot... Vaillant ecoTEC Plus can have a seven year warranty if installed by a Vaillant Advance installer, Intergas are five years if installed by a P5 installer.

Quality of install is more important than the brand of boiler.

Repaired an old Radiant today which as a cheap boiler is still working after about 16 years!

Tony

Can I ask, quality of installation ? What is a good installation above just an installation? Is it more then just good practice and following the boiler installation guide?
Pete

taking manufacturers modulating controls gives certain operational and efficiency advantages, system cleanliness and permament protection with a spirotec dirt seperator for example, not over sizing a boiler (inevitable with combi's - good ones can be range rated)

proper balancing to ensure high flow rates through the boiler too is important...

these are the things that matter..

Ideal Standard Combi.

Condensing boilers are crap. Unless of course-- you dont mind changing them every 5 years or so or lining the pockets of plumbers every year to keep them runnng. :LOL:

Just read reviews

or lining the pockets of plumbers every year to keep them runnng.

Who lines your pockets?
What do you do to keep them lined?
Do you not work or work for nothing?

Or do you live on fresh air and an eggcup full of stagnant water. Maybe you've so much you don't need to work. If so how did you acquire your wealth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back