What cable for extending Myson MPE322 Actuator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The cable for the actuator currently lies untidily on the airing cupboard floor and I would like to put it in some trunking behind the hot water cylinder. Where can I buy cable to extend it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you need 5 core 0.75mm2 heating cable have only ever seen it in 50M and 100M drums not sure if B&Q will sell cuts if you know any heating engineers ask if you can buy a few metres most will just give you a cut off for free, how much do you need ?

if you know any heating engineers ask if you can buy a few metres most will just give you a cut off for free, how much do you need ?

Most engineers I know would certainly sell the cable but not for free.

The best bet is a small heating shop where they do usually sell the cable by the metre.

B&Q probably dont trust their staff to know how long a metre actually is !

well I cant be most engineers then cos I would just give you a couple of metres free I have drums of the stuff and very rarely use it these days

Sponsored Links
well I cant be most engineers then cos I would just give you a couple of metres free I have drums of the stuff and very rarely use it these days

There is always the exception!

Those I come across think they are running a business and everything they do must generate a profit, ideally a good one!

Of course thats only when dealing with a customer. To another in the trade then they will give it and not even think of charging for it.

you need 5 core 0.75mm2 heating cable have only ever seen it in 50M and 100M drums not sure if B&Q will sell cuts if you know any heating engineers ask if you can buy a few metres most will just give you a cut off for free, how much do you need ?

5 metres should do it - if I do the same for water pump. About time the airing cupboard was tidied up.

Talking of helpful plumbers as you are, one came out on Friday to advise why my boiler wasn't firing up and was due to a struggling actuator (5 years old). I asked if he thought boiler needed a service (no he said) and if the 3 port valve should be replaced as it was a tad stiff (no he said). So an honest plumber/heating engineer not trying to rip me off (or perhaps too busy?) Worth their weight in gold!

Boiler should be serviced annually for both safety and efficiency. System relies on actuator in motorised valve for power to operate, if valve is dodgy then it needs sorting, otherwise you'll find yourself rather cold, probably when you most need the heating on! :eek:

Suspect he may have already been busy, both jobs seem to be required sooner rather than later, and definately cheaper as a 'booked' call rather than an emergency!

5 metres should do it - if I do the same for water pump. About time the airing cupboard was tidied up.

Talking of helpful plumbers as you are, one came out on Friday to advise why my boiler wasn't firing up and was due to a struggling actuator (5 years old). I asked if he thought boiler needed a service (no he said) and if the 3 port valve should be replaced as it was a tad stiff (no he said). So an honest plumber/heating engineer not trying to rip me off (or perhaps too busy?) Worth their weight in gold!

Well PM me with your address and I will send you 5 Metres just pay for the postage I dont want anything for the cable, some of us are decent blokes and unlike Tony dont want to make money out of every situation

Well PM me with your address and I will send you 5 Metres just pay for the postage I dont want anything for the cable, some of us are decent blokes and unlike Tony dont want to make money out of every situation

Thank you for the offer - but I bought it today so too late. Tidy airing cupboard here we come...

Never thought I should get the boiler serviced twice a year!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back