What's wrong with my Worcester Bosch 24i Junior Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've come home today to find I have no heating/hot water and a boiler that I thought had a frozen condenser pipe (I've suffered from that before). Reset it and it tried to fire up but failed and locked out again. Took off the front panel to check the reservoir but it wasn't full. However, when I turned back to the boiler having put the panel on the floor I noted all lights had turned off and the boiler is now unresponsive to pushes on the power/reset buttons. I haven’t touched the power supply to the boiler but the cover was a bit of a job to get off and there was a bit of a jolt when it came loose. The only thing I get now is a slight "twitch" on the fan every other time I press the power button. On the other presses a slight "ding" sound can be heard. I've posted a video of it here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=erX2uvA5Slo.

The only other thing is that it has no pressure. I'll re-pressurise it tomorrow once I've borrowed an internal filling key from a friend (mine's missing!)

Sponsored Links
Oh dear.

A DIYer should not have opened the cover on your model as it forms the room sealed casing on the appliance.

The best advice wouldbe to get a gas reg engineer to check it and see whats gone wrong.

Tony

I've pressurised it tonight and there's no change. The only thing I've noticed is that the small fan you can see twitching in the video "twitches" for longer and/or differently if I press the switch differently, slowly or at different angles. So I think I have a problem with the switch latching in. Sound right? If so, is that a part I can buy? Any idea where from? My brother in law is a sparks so I can get him to fit it if it's easy enough.

But unfortunately I know have a new problem. I've re-pressurised as per the Worcester-Bosch online video but when I remove the internal filling key there is now a constant drip that I don’t seem to be able to stop however tight I do up the plastic nut. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
With the greatest of respect, I think you may be out of your depth here - please get someone in to look at it :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back