Where/who to sell oil boiler (working), tank and excess oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Buying a property where there is currently a working oil boiler used for the central heating system, planning to replace this with gas.

Where/who will buy such a thing, where can I advertise this, is it worth anything?

Boiler is a Jetstreme 2000 - old I guess.

Sponsored Links
A farmer may take the tank of your hand without charging you.

The oil supplier may take the oil.

The boiler, someone may want it for spares if you ebay it.

Simply run the existing boiler until you run out of oil!

Oil boiler of that type is worthing nothing but scrap. But ebay it for
a few quid. Similar with oil tank. Buyer to collect.

Sponsored Links
Jetstreme! ****** might take it if you leave it outside. If you transport it to the scrapper it'll be full of ****e and if you are not careful it'll take the rest of the day cleaning your van or if it's a car... just don't..

Worth nothing in other words.

I'm ripping them out all the time and I only remove them from site to avoid the gypos coming in and lifting all the new stuff at 6 in the morning.

The oil supplier isn't going to buy oil from you, it could have water and rust in it.

Local farmer usually interested in old Kero and Gas Oil, but don't expect them to pay you anything but peanuts.

Local farmer usually interested in old Kero and Gas Oil, but don't expect them to pay you anything but peanuts

Simon, the OP is in London and as far as I know there are only two farms left in London.

Neither peanut farms though!

Tony

Enjoy unlimited hot water untill you run out of oil then weigh it all in at the scrapyard - a jetstreme 2000 is a carp and obsolete boiler ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back