Which combi boiler on open heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 418 condensing boiler at the minute installed in a upstairs bedroom cupboard. It's serving a conventional open system with a skinny 1050 x 400 indirect cylinder in an adjascent cupboard. That's as big a cylinder as i can get in there. I'm sick of low hot water pressure and not enough of it to fill a large bath so want to change to an equally good quality Combi. Obviously as far as i know their are no leaks on the system which i installed 5 years ago but, till i test it i can't be 100% sure. I was wondering if i could keep the heating side open on the F&E tank and still have the benefits of mains hot water. I've had no problems with my Vaillant so probably go with another if suitable. Or, should i bite the bullet and turn it in to a fully sealed system even if it means finding any miniscipal leaks? Any advice please :?:

Sponsored Links
Intergas can run as an open vent combi boiler, but if the system is only 5 years old you shouldn't have any major issues converting to sealed.

I converted my heating to a sealed system some years ago. The only problem I had was one solder ring joint blowing apart - and on inspection it was clear that some numpty hadn't used any flux. I prefer sealed tbh, keeps the system nice and clean (as long as inhibitor is used), and no little tank to trip over in my attic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back