Which programmable wireless room stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a programmable room stat to replace my separate timeswitch and room stat.

The house is hard to heat (entirely flat roofed!), and it often gets too cold at night with the heating off. It would be nice to have a controller which can keep the house at, say, 21 degrees when we're up, and 15 degrees when we're in bed, as well as having different programmes for each day of the week.

Has to be wireless as the best position for the stat is some way from the boiler and the walls are concrete-faced so a pain to chase out to run cable. My existing wireless stat copes fine with the distances involved.

Boiler is an old Worcester combi, so single-channel OK.

But I'm confused about which one to choose.

A quick look online pointed me towards either the Honeywell CMT927 or the Siemens REV24-RF.

Has anyone had experience with either/both, please?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm another fan of the CM927. That price is excellent, better than I get them for from my supplier at trade price.

The Honeywell rf 2 1 pack is another option. You get a new single channel programmer and a wireless stat for about £120.

Siemens RDJ10RF. Simples to operate. No poorly deigned brass grub screws that break on Salus and a few others that use the same sender. 80 year old ladies can operate the conventional manual dial and change GMT including me.

Don't make it complicated. separate weekdays , Sat & Sun, 6 or more on-offs each day, Holidays, air plane symbols?

At £ 42.17 + vat, tenants love 'em can be operated with ease on 6 lagers. Had many others ripped off walls on a Friday night but this one seems to stay put.

Siemens RDJ10RF. Simples to operate.
Don't make it complicated. separate weekdays , Sat & Sun, 6 or more on-offs each day, Holidays, air plane symbols?

Manuf Instructions only show 2 on and offs. Where are the other 4 ?

Alfredo

I have used these with combis and no breakdowns so far.

There are only 2 on & offs, no weekday or separate week days, no weekends, no holidays or plane symbols, No pretty blue back-light, fiddly small buttons no flaps to break off and stuff. This is a no nonsense programmable room stat. Its but ugly like an Atag but it works and can be operated with ease. A big plus for me! I can talk peoples through setting it up on the phone from memory, they would like me to go round and show them but I wont get paid.

From memory.

top down.
Clock symbol: set time by dial
A1: first on
A2: first off
A3: second on
A4: second off
T sun: set high temp
T moon: set low temp
All above set by moving + - dial
Run: makes all above work.

Bottom row left to right.
Auto: runs program set above on run.
Sun: on 24/7 keeps high temp
Moon: on 24/7, keeps low temp (or night set back ala continent, or hols in winter)
Inverted tit with nipple facing upwards, off 24/7. (or is it a pack-man).

Star/moon on its own button, override until next setting so don't forget to turn it off.

The only criticism as I can see is the temperature differential, its 1 deg. So if its is set at 21 deg it wont shut off till 22 deg. Not as fine as some others but if you tell punter set 1 deg lower than required, then fine.

These mainly go into rented accommodation, not sure why I said that but I did. Also another plus they are easy to reprogram when clocks change and can also be operated when ****ed.

I get mine from Plum-fix but charge Screw-fix price plus fitting.

All in all quite easy which maybe why I have one for Friday nights.

Oh I forgot just turn the temp dial and it will override the auto/run until that specific temp has been reached and will revert to auto/run.

PS. Most of the Salus I fittted when they came out are in the bin, now replaced with these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back