Wiring a programmer to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a s-plan Heating system consisting of a valiant ecotec plus 637 system boiler, Joule cyclone unvented cylinder and Honeywell V4043 valves for hot water and heating.

I have attempted to wire a Drayton LP522 programmer to the boiler to program the hot water but the display for the programmer turns off for long periods and then on again as if it is losing power. My thought is that the live to the programmer from the boiler via the wiring Centre is not a permanent live.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

The wiring is as follows:

There is a Fused spur to boiler supplying LNE

Boiler to WC (wiring centre)
RT ( Black wire) to valves (orange wires)
L/N/E to same on WC

Programmer (drayton lp522) to WC
L/N/E to same
HW to cylinder stat
Heating to Room thermostats

Cylinder Thermostats
Adjustable stat [1] to valve (Brown wire)
Safety cut out [C] to programmer (HW)

Valve (HW) to WC
Grey wire of valve to Live on wc
Orange wire to boiler RT (Black wire)
Blue wire to N
E to E
Brown wire to cylinder stat (adjustable stat [1])

Sponsored Links
Have you got a wiring diagram for S plan? There are plenty on the web. A multimeter is also essential. If you select constant on the programmer, does the display remain on?

And make sure you have the front of the programmer properly connected to the back plate.

Sponsored Links
I have followed s-plan wiring diagrams found on the web. Also, the programmer is attached correctly.

All connections apart to be correct except the L/N/E feed from the boiler to the wiring centre. These come from the Auxiliary Relay from the boiler. It is this live feed that is used for the programmer via the wiring centre. I think this may have been wired incorrectly by the installer?

I don't think it's the installer who's wired something incorrctly :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back