wood burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a wood burner which was already installed in my house when i purchased it 6 months ago ,my neighbour has now complained to the council about the smoke from it,they have advised me that i need to produce a certificate from the hetas engineer who fitted it but as we do not have this we are unsure what to do ,could anyone help us to sort out this mess !! many thanks sarah :)

Sponsored Links
If you've recently moved into the property wasn't a HETAS Certificate mentioned in the survey? Sounds like you need to employ the services of a HETAS registered engineer who will come and check the installation. If everything is ok and in order the the engineer can them issue report stating all ok and to current standard.

Thanks for the advice,we didnt get a certificate when we got the house and not really sure why ?? but as long as we can sort the problem i dont mind ,we will get on and find a hetas engineer now ,thanks again for your help :)

Sponsored Links
Fair chance that it may be a DIY/ Builder bodge job if no Cert.... HETAS list the stoves (Defra exempt) that can be used in smokeless zones and if yours isn't on the list then you are stuffed....

how to cure a moaning neighbour
cut out square piece of turf ( from centre of his lawn)
wait untill he lights his own fire
then place turf on top of chimney
laugh quietly behind bush while watching him run out of house with arms waveing wildly

another tip for wood burner is to burn all your plastic waste at nite very smokey

Your solicitor should have sorted this out with the vendor's solicitor. Chase him for it.

Your solicitor should have sorted this out with the vendor's solicitor. Chase him for it.

As should your surveyor. Did you get a survey done? Did they get Corgi/ Gas Safe documentation for any gas appliances?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back