worcester bosch 241 or 28i junior - lots of water coming out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I know nothing about boilers.

I bled my radiators and the pressure went down to zero. So I filled it up by inserting the key and turning the white cube-shaped nob anti-clockwise.

It filled up to 2 bar and then I closed it. The boiler was making a funny noise and when I took the key out, loads of water came pouring out.

I put it back in and the water stopped, but the noise continued and the pressure rose to almost 3. I tried tightening the cube-shaped nob and took the key out again - loads of water again (and not just out of the black tube which the key was in).

I've since turned everything off and bled a radiator - the pressure seems to go down to about 2.5 and then stay there, not going any lower.

Any ideas? It seems as though water's still getting into the system, so i'm guessing a valve has gone somewhere? I really can't afford the £400 callout charge Bosch are quoting me

Sponsored Links
You must ensure that the little white valve has turned off the water 100% and then remove the key. If, after doing this the pressure still rises then your plate heat exchanger has failed internally and will require replacing.

thanks - it just seems to turn and turn. The boiler seems to want to hold the pressure at 2.5 - it lets it go down, then the noises start again and it holds at 2.5.

Does that sound like the exchanger you mentioned?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back