Worcester Bosch 24CDi and pinouts for a WIRELESS Roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Quick one (hopefully!)...

I'm going to fit a roomstat to a WB 24CDi which has an internal programmer, but no room stat currently fitted. I'm looking at a wireless stat as it's way too much hassle to fit a wired one in a suitable location.

Looking at wiring diagrams and user comments for several wireless stats, I note wireless units typically require a permanent AC feed to the receiver boxes so the Rx is always powered. I'm comfortable with that, but where I'm getting stuck is the source of this permanent feed and possibly the different nomenclature that all the different manufacturers use.

Hopefully if you're reading this then you're familiar with the 24CDi (or CDi familly at least). If so you'll know there's an ST8 terminal block which contains: Ns / Ls / Lr / Spare. View media item 54274
There's also an ST12 block which contains the mains supply to the boiler.

I'm currently looking at something like the Drayton Digistat +1RF, which shows the wiring diagram linked here (hopefully). View media item 54275
Question: Do I wire the +1RF Receiver L/N permanent supply to the ST12 L/N permanent supply? (and then the rest in to the respective pins of the ST8 block as for a wired stat)

This should be easy, but the more I read on this and the more wireless stat diagrams I look at to 'help', the more confused I get!!

Sponsored Links
Take the link out and wire it to terminals 1 and 3 of the receiver back plate (doesn't mater which way around you put them)

Take the permanent live from ST12, it doesn't matter whether you take the neutral from ST12 or ST8.

4 wires all together, no need to earth the back plate.

Magic, thanks very much. I figured it must be something like that but I couldn't find any references to anyone using the ST12 live, hence was getting a bit confused.

One final thing, is there a requirement to use any 'special' wiring for this - e.g. heat resistant silicone insulation etc etc. or will a couple of runs of any 2-core 3A+ mains cable suffice? (or a 4-core 3A+ alternative).

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back