Worcester bosch 24i junior problem , can anyone help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there everyone,

I joined the forum to see if anyone can help with an ongoing boiler problem that just won't go away. If I had any hair left I would be tearing it out by now.

I have a Worcester Bosch 24i junior and it's been fine for years but 1 year ago the expansion vessel was replaced due to it being perished and everything was fine.

A couple of weeks ago, the boiler locked out and would only work for half hour or so. I had a plumber round and so far we have replaced the fan which seemed to cure it for 2 days then same thing so we had the air pressure switch replaced and same again, worked for 2 days.

Today the pressure went right up and the release valve let all the water out so I drained the boiler and pressure vessel and checked the seals and pressurised the vessel to 0.7 bar and filled the system very slowly again and turned it on.

The boiler gurgled a bit and started up fine and I checked the pump too and all was well. It ran for an hour and the flashing light is back on again.

Can anyone give me ideas what my next step is please and what could be causing the fault too.

Thanks for any help and much appreciated too.

Cheers again

Mark

Sponsored Links
Small development, tested the voltage of the fan and it shows 150-170v and then just kicked up to full speed. It also seems to shut the fan off as the heating is turned on and starts the fan back up when you turn the heating off.

I have to leave it off for 10 mins to reset and put back on again.

Pcb? Maybe

The boiler seems to be staying on now while the heating is on but as soon as the hot water is turned on, the boiler locks out.

Can anyone help please, really don't know what to do next and I'm sick of spending money on it now.

Options are,

Try a new pcb board or just get rid of it and get a new boiler which I didn't really want to do due to the expense.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

thanks again

mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back