Worcester Bosch 37CDI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Any advise will be most welcomed on what the service engineer should do on the 3rd annual boiler service due next week.
Boiler is located in the loft
What should i ask to ensure service in done in line with manufactures instructions.
Thanks for your guidance
Capri579

Sponsored Links
you should read the Servicing section of the Installation manual (always left with customer) prior to his/her arrival. That way, you have advance knowledge of what the Manufacturers expect of her

depends on who you get to service it tbh.

my first question would be , where are the MI's?
2nd has the benchmark been filled in?
3rd have there been any problems with the boiler?

your first question should be, tea or coffee?
:LOL:

He should check the co2 on full and min and adjust gas valve as required, clen trap, check fan pressure. If it acceptable boiler does not need cleaned. If it needs cleaned then he will clean an replace seal.

Check working pressure and gas rate it.

Should only be there 20-30 mins.

Really ebay boilers to service if everything is installed correct.

Sponsored Links
Don't tell the engineer how to do their job, always annoys me when I'm told how I should do something by a customer, do I really look like I need teaching?

Anyway, a Greenstar CDi can be serviced via performance test only, as with lots of modern appliances its not always needed to crack open the heat exchanger and brush out the fins if the tests prove no issues. If its not broken don't fix it ;).

Fan pressure test, high and low combustion, CO2 and CO% (as standard), gas rate, condensate trap wash out, any system magnetic filter cleaned (if fitted), system pressure, a general clean of the inside of the case if needed, check a 3amp fuse is fitted and any other electrical and system checks

Other than that there's not a great deal to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back