Worcester Bosch Greenstar Camray external - neon light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new boiler installed. If its all wired correctly, should the neon light under the cover outside be permanently on regardless of whether heat is being called for?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Stu
It's a demand indicator but that doesn't necessarily mean that the burner should be actually running when it is on as the burner could be on a control stop

ie
lamp off = no heat demand
lamp on = heat demand = burner on/off as req

Matt

Matt

Sorry, still not following.

I had a new boiler installed and I wasn't happy because the boiler had no permanent live for frost protection. I've had him back today and he has now added a live. But suspect he's wired the live and switched live the wrong way round.

The neon light is always on and the boiler is constantly firing up even though its 12 degrees outside. The pumps not running so I think it's just heating the boiler up to temperature and the turning off?

The permanent live goes to S as opposed to L?

I'll add some photos of before and after.

Sponsored Links
Matt

Sorry, still not following.

well thats how its supposed to work if it's wired correctly anyway

The permanent live goes to S as opposed to L?

I'll add some photos of before and after.
No.
Permanent live should go to L (ive)
Switched Live should go to S (witched)
Pretty obvious really
I'll have a look at photos later as getting ready to go out but it does sound as though its been ballsed up

Matt

Okay, thanks. Switched them round and all seems to be sorted now.

Cheers.

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back