Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for some advice regarding a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 oil boiler. It's been installed around 18 months and it's started to slowly lose pressure. Until today that is when I turned on the hot tap to wash my hands and the pressure gauge dropped a notch. A little while later I washed up and the pressure gauge dropped another notch. During both these times the boiler wasn't actually on as the hot water is on a timer and hadn't reached the switch on time. Can anyone explain why the boiler did this? I've checked the rads, pipes ceilings for any signs of leaks and nothing and there's no water under the boiler or coming out of the vent pipe outside so I have no idea what's going on!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pressure gauge drops a notch because the flow switch operates the pump which has the pressure gauge on the inlet pipework side, When you turn the tap off, it should go back up.
Are you having to top up? If so how much?

Thanks oil head. The gauge didn't go back up either time when I turned the tap off and I had to repressurise the boiler after the second time as the gauge had dropped below 0.5 bar. I last topped it up last weekend so the problem appears to be getting worse. If there's a problem with the flow switch do you know where would the water goes when the gauge drops a notch as there's no water around the boiler and none out of the vent/condensate pipe outside! I'm going to monitor the boiler closely for the next week to see if there's a pattern as to what's making the pressure drop as it doesn't seem to be a gradual decrease rather more short sharp drops. :confused:

Sponsored Links
The flow switch operates on the secondary side of the boiler so will not cause your pressure leak.
Your leak is on the primary side so check all the connections around the pump, heatstore and the DHW heat exchanger. After that move to the rest of the system, eg radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back