Worcester combi boiler 28cdi red light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can somebody help?
My boiler has an intermittent ignition problem, which leaves the red water light flashing. An engineer said I needed to replace the PCB board which I did but I am still getting the problem?

Sponsored Links
Probably a flue issue, you'll need a rgi

Thanks Mick
What is an RGI, Why does it work fine for days and then stop working?
I have press the reset button a number of times but the ignition lights don't light, you can hear the fan going but the ignition light isn't lighting the boiler? Do you think I needed to change the PCB board?

I thought you already had?

RGI = Registered Gas Installer, someone who is on the Gas Safe Register.

You need to get someone out to look at it, it be a number of things wrong, no one on the internet is going to know without looking at it

Sponsored Links
Rgi = registered gas installer.
Its intermitent because the pressure produced by the fan is not consistant, although the cause of this may not be the fan.
The pcb may not have needed to be replaced, can't say from here.
If you isolate the electric supply then reinstate it after a few seconds the light shouls stop flashing and the boiler might work, sometimes the flashing might stop on its own.

Hi Thank you Gav Yes I did get a RGI he was the one that told me to replace the PCB, which I did, how ever the problem hasn't been rectified.
That's why I am asking the questions to try and get a second or third opinion.
The RGI is scratching his head and said he needed to speak to somebody at Worcester. Not very helpful when Christmas day we have neither heating or hotwater and the RGI is no where to be seen!

Hi Mick
Thanks again I had the fan replaced earlier in the year so that shouldn't be the problem.
Thanks yes I tried that, turned off the power and rebooted the system. The thing is the combi is working ok now, but you can guarantee come the 2nd Jan when I am getting up to go to work the problem will re occur. Thanks for all your thoughts.

Trust me I work for Worcester. The hot tap light flashing fast will be one of those faults unless there is something wrong with the flue which is rare

Not the one that tried to convince me that a Honeywell cylinder stat was at fault when it was obliviously the PCB of a CBi.

Or the one that tried to convince my customer that a failed PCB on an Ri wasn't the problem on a y-plan. Simply because Wooster couldn't be bothered to design their crap properly.

Or are you responsible for the manuals that have loads of errors in them.

;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back