Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior Re-pressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My boiler pressure seems to be a bit low. I am having to dance with the hot water tap, getting enough flow to kick it on but slow enough for it to heat.... fun times.
I have read many posts on how to fill either using a key or the flexi hose method however this system appears to have neither. At least from what I can make out.
Attached are two pictures of the offending article. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Argh well I feel daft, after following the pipe behind washing-machine area it comes out under the sink.
So that's topped up, but I guess that's only for the radiators. Any thought on how to fix the dance with the hot water tap?

Is it under warranty?

Is the poor HW performance on just one tap or is it the same whichever tap you use?

Without being asked I'd say the electrics look a bit dodgy - but that won't be the cause of your problem.

Not entirely sure, its a rented property and the agents are a bit.... slow.
The poor performance is most noticeable on the sink tap, the hot comes out of the middle jet and the cold the larger ring. So when you need hot you have to turn it right up to get the flow to kick the boiler in, then turn down because it doesn't get hot and it splashes everywhere.
I have made a temp fix by changing the hot and cold over so it at-least doesn't splash so much and I can hit boiler on flow easier.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a Scale problem to me! is threre a scale reducer fitted to the cold water inlet ?? ;)

Ahhhh yes good point this is a very hard water area, I cant see a filter anywhere so and chances are there isn't one.
Shall make a mental note for when I have my own house :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back