Worcester greenstar 28i junior - air in pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon
There appears to be air in the pump (I'm guessing) in my greenstar 28i boiler, is there a way to bleed this as the manual doesn't tell you much? It makes a "sloshing" sound for about 20 seconds when the heating or hot water kicks in for the first time in the day.

I've already bled air from the radiators and from the heat exchanger, it just seems to be the pump.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Theres an air release valve on top of the pump manifold (usualy has a grey cap on it). Check that the cap is a loose fit and not screwed down closed.

Its also possible the AAV described is blocked!

Have you bled the pump screw?

Tony

it is alegal for anyone to remove the boiler case unless you are a gas safe registered emgineer. get it checked out, see the gas safe website

Sponsored Links
Its also possible the AAV described is blocked!

Have you bled the pump screw?

Tony
I'll check the valve tonight.
I haven't done anything with the pump, I assume when you say bled the pump screw you mean the big screw in the middle of the pump (excuse my ignorance but I've only worked with older heating systems before with a grundfos pump, but assume all pumps all pretty much the same?).

Superman - I'm not doing any gas work, so no need for a registered engineer - infact I think he'd be rather confused if I called him out for such a job as this (or wiring in a new programmer, which also requires the cover to be removed).

Thanks

Removing an outer case isnt gas work if the OP isnt gas trained.

Its no different to a sparky removing the case to wire up a system or add to the controls.

RGI's have to test if we remove the case because we have the knowledge and equipment to do so.

Removing an outer case isnt gas work if the OP isnt gas trained.

As SM123 points out, on this boiler the front cover which covers the pump is also forms the sealed outer combustion cover and seperates the combustion air from the room air. As such it should not be removed by a DIYer and only by an RGI.

Tony

So how does a sparky gain access to the pcb to make the connections then?

Anyway you told the OP earlier in the post to bleed the pump, how will they do that if they dont remove the case?

Good afternoon
There appears to be air in the pump (I'm guessing) in my greenstar 28i boiler, is there a way to bleed this as the manual doesn't tell you much? It makes a "sloshing" sound for about 20 seconds when the heating or hot water kicks in for the first time in the day.

I've already bled air from the radiators and from the heat exchanger, it just seems to be the pump.

Any advice appreciated.
hi how did you remove air from the heat exchanger on the 28i ?
sry yes its old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back