Worcester Greenstar 30CDi All lights flashing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have just got back from a weekend away. I turned the hot tap on and no hot water so went and checked the boiler. It was lit up like a christmas tree all lights flashing no error disply it wash just flashing.
When we left the hot water was set to on and the heating was set to off and pressure above 1 Bar. On return pressure below 1 bar, I increased the pressure to above 1 bar then pressed to reset button for 5 seconds. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem all the lights were still flashing that's the gas light, the blue light, the reset light, all the maintenace lights, the heating light (even though heating off) the diplay flashing but no error code. The only light not flshing is the hot water one.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kev

Sponsored Links
Thats interesting!

Presumably you have disconnected from mains supply for 20 secs and repowered?

It almost sounds like a PCB fault. Is it still under warrantee?

Perhaps someone else will have attended that fault?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Cheers. Not tried that, will go home now and try.

Yep in Warrantee it's only 3 months old and hardly been used.

Oh yes the only thing that changed while we were away was that the clocks changed for daylight saving but can't see how that would bother it.

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Tony,

Tried that, also tried increasing the pressure to 1.5Bar and still the same problem all lights flashing. I've emailed the Worcester Technical department to see what they can come up with.

Cheers,

Kev

Sponsored Links
All they will come up with is a standard message telling you to book an engineer visit.

I am surprised that you even posted on here if its in warrantee.

Note what the engineer does to fix but almost certainly a PCB fault. Just confirm when its fixed and tell us how long it takes them to come out to you.

Its useful to hear of unusual faults!

Tony

I just remembered all the lights flash when you put the boiler into service mode to get your min/max readings.

Pretty sure it's supposed to come out of service mode itself after 15 minutes or if it hits it's temp limit. Pressing the spanner button once gets it out of service mode too.

the worcester cdi has a pre purge cycle, so if the boiler has been switched off or has not been used for a while it will automatically go into the pre purge cycle for i think between 2 to 4 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back