Worcester greenstar 30SI wireless thermostat losing signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had the boiler for approximate 6 years and I have pretty much always had the issue of the thermostat losing its signal intermittently. So you set the heating to come on and you come home to a cold house.

If I move the stat near to the boiler it works better, but it can still lose the signal. I have changed the Battery's many times and re-established the link. Neither cure the issue.

A new transmitter and receiver looks like it will cost around £150. Am I wasting my money by getting one? On forums it looks like others have had a similar problem. As anyone got any ideas?

I know I should have sorted it when it was under warranty, but it sems worse now than it was. Plus my girlfriend now nags about it being cold :p

Any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
My first thought is have you got the receiver to near the boiler or metal or electricity that will hinder the receivers ability to function properly.

No I don't think that is it. The stat usually lives in my bedroom, which isn't near any wires or metal in the wall. I only put it near the boiler when I have issues. Tried it in quite a few different places in the house and always have problems :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sorry misread your message. The receiver is on the front of the boiler in its compartment. It is supposed to be there. Not sure if it is possible to move out.

I understand, I wondered if that was the case, I think it is a bad design, "who am I to criticize a company like Worcester"? I hear, but I believe it is always recommended when installing wireless room stats of which I have done several, that the receiver is place away from any electricity or metal source and the transmitter prefers not to pass thro' too many walls. So what I suggest is wire in a transmitter to the boiler so that it can be placed near the boiler rather than on it. I don't think the receiver is the problem or the batteries, and they are usually very reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back