WORCESTER HEATSLAVE 20-25/ PUMP ISSUES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Have Worcester Heatslave 20-25 (15 years old). Made the cardinal sin of running out of heating oil, filled the tank however boiler would not re start (locked out), called the engineer out who diagnosed the pump had seized, replaced the part and was ok for 4-5 hours then locked out, replaced with another pump and likewise locked out agin after 4-5 hours. Suspect the pump os not the fault, appreciate any ideas from anyone regarding how we can fix.

Cheers

Kuche

Sponsored Links
Clean out filters, check fuel tank for contamination then purge the fuel line so you don't ruin another pump.
Moan like hell to your 'engineer'. He really should have done all this.

To be fair he might have done all those. But would seem unlikely to me that the pump was new and failed.

But I can never understand how quite intelligent people can manage to run a tank empty.

I always advise people with older tanks to let the oil stand for 10 hours to prevent disturbed sediment getting sucked into the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
oilhead";p="3350944 said:
Clean out filters, check fuel tank for contamination then purge the fuel line so you don't ruin another pump.
Moan like hell to your 'engineer'. He really should have d

Thanks oilhead

As additional note, oils was tested and is not contaminated, should we proceed with the fuel line flush and filter replacement, or any other faulkts what this could be, many thanks for you comments.

Kuche

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back