Worcester heatslave 25/32 Hot lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just looing for a little guidance on our oil boiler. We have the following issue. Boiler fires up fine when cold and continues to run normally with its fire up process controlled by the thermo. As the boiler gets warm ... at least an hour of continuous running the ignition process takes longer and longer till we end up in a lockout situation? Does anyone have any ideas. Any help or guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
When you say the start up takes longer, whats actually happening?
(The solenoid coil is definitely the main suspect - keep one in stock anyway) and the motor has a start capacitor that can fail from time to time.
John :)

When you say the start up takes longer, whats actually happening?
(The solenoid coil is definitely the main suspect - keep one in stock anyway) and the motor has a start capacitor that can fail from time to time.

Its goes through the normal start up process. I.e. Blower - Ignition - fuel solenoid - flame to abbreviate a little. the point between ignition and flame is stretched beyond the safety limits and therefore lockout although you can hear the solenoid click in, oh, and pump pressures good. But as I said at the beginning when cold runs as you would expect with no issues till warm approx. an hour of running

OK so we have to clutch at the odd straw here.....the burner should purge for about 6 sec or so, and the ignition spark is there too. After that, the control box clicks, switches power to the solenoid coil, which opens the valve inside the pump. Or does it? I wonder if that valve is actually opening!
I suppose the photocell could be affected by heat too, so it thinks that the flame is still there - its only an LDR after all.

Where is the heat going from this boiler when it runs for an hour?

Is the heat loss of the rads matched by the boiler output even though we are well above freezing at the moment?

Tony

OK so we have to clutch at the odd straw here.....the burner should purge for about 6 sec or so, and the ignition spark is there too. After that, the control box clicks, switches power to the solenoid coil, which opens the valve inside the pump. Or does it? I wonder if that valve is actually opening!
I suppose the photocell could be affected by heat too, so it thinks that the flame is still there - its only an LDR after all.

I thought that initially, but like I said the boiler works perfectly when cold. it sounds like a delayed ignition the warmer it gets you know that blowback sound you get if the spark gap mal adjusted of transformer starts to go dickey

Where is the heat going from this boiler when it runs for an hour?

Is the heat loss of the rads matched by the boiler output even though we are well above freezing at the moment?

Tony

Works as normal Tony, Heating or water whatever is selected on the controller. Heat generated is what you would expect no chang there

The position of the electrodes can certainly affect the start up procedure - often giving a thump as the burner ignites....if they are set too far back.
That symptom is there hot and cold though.

Agreed John, when cold solenoid click and you have instant flame but as warms up that period just get longer and longer over a period of about an hour! I think i'm leaning towards the pump to be honest! What would be your opinion on the check valve in the nozzle tube? what effect would that have? Have you seen a problem with a check valve in the past?

John I have never come across an issue with the check valve in the nozzle tube what symptoms does that present you with if faulty? have you seen this before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back