Would any of you boiler fitters agree to this??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a customer phoned up and asked if you would fit a boiler which had already been purchased, but only the boiler and gas pipework (electricals and heating pipework already done) would you agree? - of course the terms would be only guarantee the boiler installation (fixings, flue and setting up) and gas pipe work?

Sponsored Links
Yes sure. No problem.

Quite a lot of fitters won't like it as they like to make a bit on the boiler
as well or install their favourite makes.

Personal message me if you have problems. I work near Doncaster.

I have no problem fitting a boiler purchased by a customer as long as its new and in the box with all the installation accesories.

I always quote a transparent installation price which is independent of the make and model of boiler involved.

BUT many installers, and theoretically myself as well, will not get involved in warranty problems when they had not supplied the boiler themselves.

Tony

so you wouldnt warrant the work you did do? so if the boiler fell off the wall because you used the wrong fixings, or the flue was letting water in because you didnt seal it properly?....

:eek: :LOL:

Only asking, as im planning options for myself here, looking at possibly upgrading in March/April time after the worse (hopefully?!) of the winter weather has gone. My old boiler just throws gas down the flue and i cant do anything with it to improve it really. Fully pumped was an option, but its not worth the hassle of getting the vent and feed pipes to the garage compared to upgrading and going for a sealed system.

I can do the pipework for the heating no problem and the electrics are not an issue - its already C plan, so converting to S plan is only the addition of another valve and some minor terminal changes for wires.

Now all i need to find is a basic heat only boiler, suitable for use with a sealed system, which doesnt come with any controls or programmers built in! I want to use what i already have. Is there such a boiler? all i need is 15kW. Preferrable something other than Glow-worm and Ideal.

Sponsored Links
Just throw a glow worm betacom 24 on the wall.
Cheap and cheerful. Use it as a heat source not a combi.
Boiler is under £450.
(I know it is only B band so technically you are not supposed to install
them but I don't see that anyone cares)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back