An effective and long lasting sealant for epdm roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We've made a mistake in not installing a foam seal between the epdm roof and the edging (forms a ridge along three sides of the garage roof to guide the water to find the gutter off a single edge of the roof).

I want to find a long lasting, flexible, uv resistant sealant to run a bead along the joint between the epdm roof and edging to stop the water from going under the edging strip.

Any IDEAS REALLY appreciated?

I regret weve done further sins on the workshop build. Standby to be further amused....

Sponsored Links
Exactly. These upstands were laid after the epdm went down. But a pack of foam seal that ws supposed to go between tue upstand and roof was overlooked.

Now, there is a 3 or 4mm gap between them which will allow the water to go through and stain the walls or worse.

I was hoping to get a sealant and seal this gap?

Sponsored Links
In this case the trims and foam came separate with instructions to put them together before installation (Permaroof). My loss.

Thanks v much for the reference, I will get my MIT's on gutter sealant. I can't remove the trims, so I slap on as much as possible on the joints.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back