bedroom outer wall damp yellow and black patch near ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed this near the ceiling in corner of the upstairs bedroom. Had a look from the outside and it's near a pipe sticking out from the edge of the roof near the front guttering? Any ideas what's causing it? Have had the loft insulated. I have a combi boiler in the kitchen, so don't know what this pipe is for? HELP

Sponsored Links
The lead slate, which seals the roof around this pipe, needs looking at. Otherwise the felt near to the gutter.

Had a friend go in to loft the and found the white pipe is no longer in use, it was just sticking out and not joined to the tank, all rafters were dry. We reckon the wardrobe I'd prior had up agaisnt the wall has caused the damp patch so I've removed it and hoping the patch will dry out. Yopur thought would be appreciated Woody.
Thanks
Christine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back