bird on roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some time in my upstairs bedroom I can hear bird-like noises (cooing) in the morning. But I can't see any bird nest from outside. There is nothing in the loft either. In the attached picture, the bedroom in question is on the right upstairs.

Any suggestions? Did I miss anything, where should I look? Thanks.

View media item 64988

Sponsored Links
They could just be sitting on your roof or in that tree, we have wood pigeons around at the moment doing just that.

I guess they could be under the tiles or in the eves but you would have to get a ladder and go look. I once found a nest between the felt and tiles, there was a load of material they had put in there, took a while to pull it all out after lifting some tiles!

Next time it happens why not pop out quietly and see what's up there, watch for 10 mins or whatever and see if anything comes out.

Could be this guy!

Big-bird-NEW.jpg

The birds could be in behinde the fasia nesting on the sofit.
Would get a NPTA registered pest control company out to investigate.
Last thing you want is a bird mite or bedbug infestation.
Birds nests are a very common source of a wide range of pest insects.

Sponsored Links
They could just be sitting on your roof or in that tree, we have wood pigeons around at the moment doing just that.

Indeed - they go " we`re p***ing youoff " think about it ;)

I often hear bird noises down the chimney when they are sitting on the roof, do you have an old ridge terminal that has been left open in the loft perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back