Broken roof tiles next to ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two half broken plus one slipped, roof tiles next to the bottom corner ridge tiles on my bungalow which need replacing, just by the corner gutter. One broken tile is shaped to go into the ridge tile. The ridge tiles are fine. A builder has told me it is not necessary to remove the ridge tiles to carry out 'some sort of repair'. How can a half tile be repaired? Is it really that difficult to have the ridge tiles removed and the tiles sorted out properly? Also, can anyone give me any idea how much this would cost? Any help would be very much appreciated as I don't know what to think about his repair suggestion. Many thanks, Dee

Sponsored Links
Without seeing your ridge tiles its hard to make a judgement, slipped slates get replaced all the time and its no different for the top ones.

Sponsored Links
Thank you gentlemen, but it looks as though the few tiles were the tip of the iceberg. Going into the loft after the recent heavy rain I could see I needed about 4 buckets, rain coming in at the apex (?). The property is 80 years old and builder suggested felt had gone especially at the top and rather than extensive repairs maybe a new roof? Will wait to see what estimates come in. Many thanks for your answers. Never rains but it pours ......... Dee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back