Conservatory roof slipped

M

marsaday

Can anyone tell me how i alter a pvc conservatory roof which has slipped downwards. It now sits almost proud of the guttering and so rainwater is falling down onto the brickwork which is my neighbours wall.

I think i need to remove one of the plastic coverings which cover the sections of the pvc at the join. How do i remove them ?

I can will post a pic

Sponsored Links
Looks like you're missing the end caps that prevent the polycarbonate sheets from slipping. Looks like theres still one on the end glazing bar. Take that one to your nearest supplier and buy a couple, push the sheet and bar covers back into position (covers may need to come off and tap back on) and fit the end caps, job done.

Sponsored Links
right thanks for that.

But how do i get the sheets back into place ? Do i just hit them with a soft hammer at the ends. I will have to use something which you use to lay laminate flooring(a flat bar with dropped ends if you get what i mean).

Put a timber batten on edge and the bar in middle then tap gently and see how its goes, if not you could lever of the wall like a crowbar action, failing that then remove the roof capping. If you're still having slipping problem you could make a bracket similar to the flat bar with dropped end and fit it to the head of the conservatory cill to stop the roof slipping

Ok i have tried tapping quite hard to get the roof back up but no joy.

It is proud of the cap and so i think this is the problem.

So how do i remove the cap ? I know i cannot climb onto this roof because it wont take any weight. So how do you service this kind of problem ?

has the top edge sagged and lipped on the frame preventing it sliding back up??
dont know if this is possible but worth a look

indeed if its a channel it may not be in the right position to re-enter

I just done a similar thing recently and it was difficult to get the sheet back up due to the fact that the sheet had fallen out at the top and the rubber seal was sagging down enough to stop the sheet sliding back up. I managed to get round this by putting to wood saws in the gap at the top and just laying them on the sheet and they acted as a guide for the sheet to follow up under the rubber seal or anything similar long thin. I hope thats not to confusing

I just done a similar thing recently and it was difficult to get the sheet back up due to the fact that the sheet had fallen out at the top and the rubber seal was sagging down enough to stop the sheet sliding back up. I managed to get round this by putting to wood saws in the gap at the top and just laying them on the sheet and they acted as a guide for the sheet to follow up under the rubber seal or anything similar long thin. I hope thats not to confusing
that makes sense they hold things in place and guide the plastic back
in well done nice idea ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back