Cost of shared 10 brick chimney rebuild

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got a rough idea of the cost to rebuild a shared 10 brick high chimney on a terrace house ?

Sponsored Links
How many bricks? Is it a shared chimney? Any lead-work? Is it easily accessible? I'd say £932.32p.

Sponsored Links
Probably nearer the 1k mark though it is hardly a job builders queue up for.
For that reason expect to pay a premium unless there is an acute shortage of work in your area.

How many bricks? Is it a shared chimney? Any lead-work? Is it easily accessible? I'd say £932.32p.
Thanks for the reply,
Yes it is a shared chimney but the neighbour has already had there half done before I bought the property.
Approx 10 brick high, reasonably accessible but I would imagine scaffold would be needed.

Do you mean pointing? You can't do half a chimney.

Do you mean pointing? You can't do half a chimney.
The chimney looks like its got a lean to me and the surveyor on the house search recommended rebuilding the chimney up to the upper course approximately 10 high. Does this mean all the chimney stack requires rebuilding or would pointing suffice do on my half?

Ignore what the dopey surveyor says and post a picture. Did you ask him how your rebuild half a chimney?

If thats a gable wall then i'm not sure how it would be shared with a neighbour as you appear to be the end "terrace"?

If thats a gable wall with access below then re-building the stack could be mostly done from a tower and a roof ladder(s).

Counting ten courses down from the flaunching doesn't make sense - why not go down to the lowest course that meets the roof line. You could then re-do the flashing which looks a bit skew-whiff.

FWIW: from the position of the pic the leaning angle doesn't appear to be significant enough for re-building?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back