Flashing leak

M

marsaday

Our loft is now converted, but we have no felt membrane under the tiles, just the tile keeping the weather out.

All has been fine since the plasterboard went up this summer, but last night the chimney breast started dripping onto my head.

The chimney was not touched in this conversion so it looks like this is a genuine unrelated problem to the conversion.

Our chimney goes up through the mid point of the roof and is all exposed brickwork. On the right hand side of the chimney on the front corner, this is where the leak came from (this will also be the front section of the chinmey).

About 10 drops came down and woke me up. Then i waited 5 mins and the rain dropped back. The leak then stopped.

So basically really bad weather or the rain driving in a new direction has found a little leak. Any idea how i find out what is the culprit. Is it soakers or the apron on the front of the chimney ?

Any info appreciated. I can take a pic if needed.

Any idea

Sponsored Links
A good close up picture would be good, it could be several things, flashings, soakers or front apron, even the pointing.
You are going to need to get on the roof to check it out.

Been up and the last part of the step flashing has been pulled out into the open. So i have just tucked it round the front corner and left it as it was. Looks like i will need to secure it a bit better in the spring.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back