Flat roof advice on sofit and fascia boards !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope everybody is having a good time and getting on well.

I am building an extension, gave the contract to a builder but unfortunalety he ran away with my money. So I need to complete the extension on a low budget myself. I got some eastern European Meerkats helping though there intentions are good but I find there efforts a bit ameturish.

I need to complete a roof and information from you professionals, its a flat roof with felt put on and slanting towards the extensions opening as you can see in the picture. The joist measures from the inside of the felt 27mm to the bottom of the joist and 28mm from the inside of the wall to the end of the joist as in the picture. The length of the extension is 8meters.

Please any Gents identify what fascia board and sofit is required as per regulations. And also what is required on the side of the wall.

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Buy a sheet or two of half inch ply, rip it down to your dim's and fix it to the fascia and soffit, then clad the lot in plastic.

Use plastic 'j' trim and hollow soffit and fascia cap with accessories, i.e. corners, joints etc.

....or....

If it is your intention to paint the eaves detail then use wbp ply for the soffit and some uber deep timber for the fascia or get some nosed mdf etc.

@ Freddy - how do you know there is no w.p. without being able to see from the inside....?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back