Flat roof leaking problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My flat foof is leaking and the water is pooled where the chipboard is soaked underneath in 2 areas I have managed to slow the leak with Roofix but need a soultion to stop the water pooling on the roof until it gets a drier to have a permanent repair on it.
A roofer said I could try putting self leveling compound and build it up to a mound to stop the water ponding is this viable or any recommendations for a temp fix until the drier months?
I wish it would stop raining

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that the self levelling compound would be inclined to crack and break away due to frost action......try drying off as much as you can then going over the seams and other suspect areas with some Aquaseal pitch compound or similar.
There are few flat roofs of any size that don't tend to pool somewhere.
John :)

Thanks I have dried it off and applied roofix but my thoughts are if the water is ponding in that area it will find a way to get in and with all the rain thats falling recently.Just need a temp way of filling the dips until we get drier weather

Sponsored Links
If you are skint after Christmas, fair enough, but if not ... then why hesitate to strip and relay the roof? Procrastinating with bits of repairs, and an ongoing leak, might cost more in the long run - it's got to be done, so perhaps best to do it now.

Ponding/dips are typically associated with roof joisting and sheeting, and req
stripping/opening-up as above.

The levelling compound above the finished surface will fail.

would it be possible to fit some noggins between the rafters and knock some wedges above the noggins to raise the sagging areas enough to shed the water and to support any further sagging this is all done from inside and would help in the short term

I thought about doing that but with the weather being so wet it may break up the chipboard and make it worst , currently its a manageble drip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back