Flat roof leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

My neighbour has just asked me to have a look at her roof as she was getting water coming through the ceiling in her bedroom.

It is a flat roof dormer that starts about 4 tiles down from the ridge. When I had a look there was a mass of water covering 70% of the roof and it was also running backwards to the tiles. I also noted that the felt was completely saturated.

She does have a copy of the certificate, which was dated 2005 and it is for 20 years.

She has spoken with the roofing company and they have said that the leak is from the chimney.

Is there anyone that she can speak to, so that this can be sorted.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'll bet the roofers will run a mile from any admittance to this one.....when you say the water runs back towards the roof tiles, does that mean the material under the felt has swollen to such an extent at the front?
Either way, the roof will have to come off for renewal.
John :)

It may be designed to drain towards the back.

Where is the chimney in relation to the roof?

Post a pic if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back