flat roof leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the start of this year my next door neighbours had there garage flat roof replaced with epdm and my roof is felt.

Since they've had it done I'm getting water thats travelled from their side of the brick wall in the middle of the garage, along most of the beams and even getting water coming through cracks in the brickwork.

When i look at the roof its looks like they tried using the epdm sealant tape to join the two different types of roofs together.

Now im getting feedup with it cause of a) the water coming through their side and b) mould is now growing. everything wss fine till they did the work :/

Sponsored Links
Tried that already they just put more of that sealant tape in it :/

Sealants or tape is no good.

The joint between both roofs should have been done with EPDM cut of mastic, with a termination bar fitted directly along the joint.

Sponsored Links
Tell your neighbour they can't fix it and you are going to employ a roofer who can and pass him the bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back