Floplast Gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else had problems with Floplast gutter fittings? I dont do a lot of guttering work, but have always used Polypipe stuff in the past without a problem, however the supplier I use has changed to Floplast since last occasion I bought guttering. Having spent yesterday replacing the gutter at the front of mine and neighbours houses, it's leaking on one of the unions.

It's Floplast white half round, been back up, dismantled joint, cleaned union, removed rubber seal, cleaned it, reinserted and remade joint. Tested with 4pint bottle of water, no leak. Rain tonight, its leaking again...... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Gutter is in to the 'Insert to here' mark on both sides. It is quite tight in the clips, so should have adequate pressure on the seal, I cant see any obvious reason for it to leak, and it wont drip while i'm up there!!!

I use it and not had any problems just get another fitting and see if that sorts it out. If not your losing your touch!

Sponsored Links
I was planning to get another fitting and change the seal initially, see if that seals it. Dont really want to try and replace the union if I can avoid it, its going to be a pig to get out!

Its an 1896 property, no fascia board. Instead last but one course of brickwork is laid at 45deg to the front, with the final course laid on top of that, sitting proud of the rest of the wall below. Leaves a small 'ledge', with just enough room to squeeze the gutter in under the front edge of the tiles. (Already had to 'adjust' the brackets to fit....) :confused:

It will probably be the rubber seal, I know the style your talking about tight you haven't pinched it and changed the profile a bit.

No, its sitting square enough in the fitting, if anything, because of the design of the brickwork we struggled to get a half decent fall on the damn thing. Had to chase the brickwork slightly as it was to accomodate the brackets and unions. Almost got seasick looking at the neighbours gutters along the street, they're all up and down like a yo yo! :LOL:

I'll change the seal first and see if that helps. Biggest hassle is trying to do it from a ladder, had a tower to do the job but dont really want to fork out for another days hire if I can avoid it! :cry:

it will only take you a minute get someone to hold the ladder or drill an anchor in the wall and leave it there for future maintenance.

I have seen a length of gutter which is slight mis shape and not true end to end.. but this should have shownup while clipping..
try new seals and or union or new gutter length.

Hopefully it's not over flowing!!!

Will have a fiddle over the weekend, let you know how I get on. Really dont want to change the entire section of gutter if I can help it, it'll be a pig to get out again! Strangely the other union also leaked on the same side initially, took it apart, cleaned it up and it sealed. (Fingers crossed!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back