gutter cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How often should I have my gutter cleaned? I have lived here for 6 years and have not done it. Nor have I seen anyone in the neighbourhood do it. The houses here are all built around 1993 with UPVC gutters.

Without access to the roof, how do I know if a gutter is blocked or not? I can see one of the gutters is quite dirty with black streaks on the side, but my neighbour's gutter is also like that. I can't see any visible overflow when it rains. There is no tall tree within 5 meters of the house.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If you have trees nearby then they'll need cleaning more often than usual. If the roof has a tendency to promote moss growth (due to environmental factors like levels of shade, moisture, etc) then they'll need cleaning more often than usual.

My roof looks very clean and has no trees nearby. I haven't touched my gutters in five years, and they currently have around 10mm of debris, moss, and crap sat in the bottom.

Gary

Depends on trees around, I've seen places in cities that gutters are clean internally as the day they went up..
yet there is a block in the New Forest thats needs checking every couple of months...

Average i'd say for normalish places twice yearly is good.

Sponsored Links
I've just googled Beavers, the websites I saw wasn't what I expected.:eek:

I'll go back to that website when the wife goes out..................by the way how do you delete history on a laptop?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

fallen leaves and other materials and this may lead to holes in pipeline which is even more dangerous.

How does that happen then?

Andy

C'mon Andy you should know this, everyone does. The fallen leaves and materials build up into a hard substance that, when reacted with water turns to kryptonite. When the night comes the kryptonite forms teeth and eats the pipeline.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back