Lead code and width.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I'm looking to buy the lead for my lean to roof.

I've read 25mm into the morter joint, theres a 65mm upstand before it hits the tiles. Would 110mm be enough to cover the tiles? Total 240mm or would be 300mm be better?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
Depends on the pitch and the prevalent wind direction, as well as the type/profile of the tiles/slates etc.

Redland 49 tiles at a pitch of 22.5.

It's north facing but the winds seems to prodomently come from the south where I am.

Thanks

James

We always use 300mm for top edge abutments and TBH for the cost of the extra 60mm (about £3.50 per m extra) you may as well go with the wider

Sponsored Links

It's north facing but the winds seems to prodomently come from the south where I am.

James
Prevailing wind across most of Sussex is SW. though I`ve known it to change to NE occasionally in winter - bloody cold then ;)

James
Prevailing wind across most of Sussex is SW. though I`ve known it to change to NE occasionally in winter - bloody cold then ;)

My old man lives in heathfield, right on the top of a hill. WHen those NE come in, my god!

Sorry guys, forgot to ask, will lead 3 be suitable for flashing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back