Need advice on tiling a roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have fitted a canopy across the front of the house

I could do with a bit of help the canopy has a gable end over the door

How do I match the tiles so they all are in line ie angled cuts to form the valley

Hope someone can make sense what i'm on about

Oh sorry am using marley moden tiles

Regards

Sponsored Links
Thanks alastair

Do the batterns on the gable have to be the same height as the ones on the canopy so the tops of the tiles are level

And what sort of gap should i have between the tiles in the valley

Regards

Sponsored Links
sorry just re read your original post .. as your canopy is likely be small, i'd tile from verge towards valley. cut one tile the perfect angle for the valley starting from the bottom corner. then simply lay it in position sliding it up ,marking it when it is in line, transfer the mark to an uncut tile, cut it. move to next course and repeat.
once you have got the idea you will be at the top of the valley by the time you have the chalk line out of the van..longer valleys there is another method

If you want the tiles to run through level, battens same height, 100mm gap in valley, lay a length of 100mm x 50mm timber in valley and lay tiles over it, straight edge mark and cut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back