Roof tile croppers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start lightly cropping a large amount of tiles to do two hips and a valley. Do mechanical croppers work well on plain 16cm x 26cm concrete tiles, or should I stick to an angle grinder?

I've just been watching someone do something similar on youtube and it looks much easier than with an angry grinder... but does it take a careers worth of skill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASzR6cSINc

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Is that Roy Cropper :confused: it`s easier with a small angle grinder - not that stihl beast roy has got on the scaffold - perhaps there`s no power where he`s working :idea:

adjusted correctly and with a bit of practice they work well..

Angle grinders created a lot of airbourne crap

Stihl saw every time for me. Used to use nibbler but doesn't always produce such a neat cut especially in a virgin roofers hand never mind with my 29 years roofing practice

Sponsored Links
Sounds like I should stick with the angle grinder. I'm using a big 9" one at the moment and I think that's part of the problem. I'll get some 115mm diamond discs and use a smaller one... should be a lot handier.

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back