Roof Tiles Sagging with Open Rafter Eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've attached a photo of what the issue is.
Ultimately we are buying a house and we have just noticed that the roof has a bit of sagging over the open rafter eaves. Half of the rafters appear to project out from the wall as expected but half don't appear to be there.
What could be the issue?

We are very comfortable with the house, we have plans to renovate fully. My father and I will rewire (We'll get it commissioned - he's a retired electrician). We'll pop in a new combi boiler (A friend is a Corgi Reg. Gas Fitter) then start with the cosmetic work. I've never done anything or had experience with rooves though. If its going to mean a new roof then maybe I'll try to renegotiate.

(Having looked on google street view the roof has been in this condition for at least the last four years)

What are everyone's thoughts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hard to see from that photo but they have maybe cut off the other rafters and added a fascia board

Cheers Scottishslater

Why would someone do that? Wood Rot?

What would be the repair needed? Would it be new roof or local repair?

What would be the cost?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back