Roof woes - advice on a pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Been in the loft tonight and noticed after all the rain today that the inside of the felt is showing damp patches - hoping for some advice on a pic

View media item 86835
There's a bit of shadow on the side bits, but the middle section was well lit.

The very top looks wet on the inside of the felt, and damp patches at various intervals. Wondering if this symptomatic of a problem with the ridge at the top or a wider problem with all of it?
The house was built late sixties, and from the outside at least the roof looks in reasonable shape. The tiles are I think concrete, with a bit of a ripple in them - apologies for basic description!

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the replies.

Is the attic ventilated?

Seems quite draughty up there, but I'm not sure how good the ventilation is. Don't think I can see any vents under the soffits(?) when looking from outside.

Its condensation

Can it cause that much damp on the felt?

It looked like you can see where the battens run across and I thought it looked like water had pooled against them and come through. Or is that just typical with condensation that the parts without battens will be colder?

Sponsored Links
DIYnewbee99, hi

Have a look on the forum at the section on Floors, Stairs and Lofts, there is a section at the top of the Forum about Condensation in lofts, should assist?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back