Scaffolding? or Ladders?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am looking to do my own fascia & guttering. My house is a 3 bedroom semi. Do i need to use scaffolding by law? or can i do this using ladders?

Kind regards

Lee

Sponsored Links
Scaffolding may seem expensive (its not) but then if you happened to fall off and break your pelvis leaving you with the inability to run, 6 months off work and a bit of pain for the rest of your life the scaffolding will miraculously become a very good idea in retrospect ......

Sponsored Links
He's got free time. An access platform will cost him a ton. What would scaffolding be?

agree with you joe-90 access platform would do the job depending on what layout is at ground level my preference is scaffold

It's worth taking into account that there is a high risk of some sort of damage to the property when scaffolding / scaffolders are involved, this may be a big consideration especially if they have to access your neighbours property!

Maybe there are scaffolding company's out there that are very careful and cause no damage, but I'm yet to find one.

Cheers.

. Do i need to use scaffolding by law? or can i do this using ladders?
You don't need scaffolding "by law" if you are doing this yourself and not part of a business.

But it is very impractical to work of a ladder if DIYing.

At the very least you would probably want three sets of ladders and three people to do this off ladders, and even then it will still be a right pain and difficult to get things lined up properly

You tend to find that the felt needs attention too, and eaves trays fitted under the tiles

i use ladders for coverboard and guttering but for the diyer scaffold it. working with ladders all day means you know the limitations, you dont wanna go all rod hull do you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back