Slate roof vent - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Need a vent on slate roof for bathroom extractor fan. Its 100yr old mid terrace, extractor fan will be in line one and in loft space.

I cant seem to find reviews etc of which vent type is the best. Dont want want one where rain comes in or wind keeps us awake either... please can you advice which type would be best?

Appreciate your advice!

Some ideas...:

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing...12108245&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&CAWELAID=916286453

http://www.screwfix.com/p/universal...ing and Joinery-_-Universal Inline Slate Vent

Sponsored Links
there's a separate attachment you must buy for the ubbink this slots onto the vent and allows you to hook up extractor fans etc to it

Hi. Thanks for replying.

Whats the adapter like you need with this one? It doesnt fit to a standard round 100mm - or is it one of the oval ones?

Also, how good is this one preventing rain water coming in, especially on windy day. Do you have any expericece?

Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
I've 19 years experience as a roof slater and there the best vents ive used the adapter is square and has a round part at the bottom

Hi Scottishslater;

Is it the UB17 + adapter you prefer for shower extractor fan?

Otherwise Im intersted in this
Universal Inline Slate Vent - but worried rain water will push in...(?)

Thanks

Hmmm.. just got this Ubbing slates vent from Ebay delivered. Its different from the pic (which is ok I guess), but the adapter is a 160mm one!! They confirmed me its 100mm... Now how add 100mm to 160mm thats the question? :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back