Stepped Roof joining?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Your builder is no longer on site you say, tbh there never was one by the look of it.

I wouldn't know where to begin explaining how to rectify that mess without being there myself, there could be a lot more than meets the eye, can of worms etc.

The best advice I can give is get a professional in.

Sponsored Links
Presumably a new party wall has been built up? This wall should be built up higher than it is so that the new roof battens can sit on the wall, instead of floating like they are now.

More like this:

Then a lead flashing can be dressed up the face of the wall and tucked under your new roofing membrane.

Agreed, the wall should have been built up higher, (which i will have to do.)
However the roof pitches do not match, and I cannot say for certain that i will get the minimum height difference of 75mm...

Also, my neighbor doesn't want any part of his roof affected, so how will i add the flashing onto his roof?

Just slap it on, and then cement it in (without him noticing?)

Oh god they've really ****ed me up here!

The builder was kicked off the site due to "quality issues" i'm sure you can see what i mean.

Sorry for my late reply, I was working away...

So I hould cement it as best I can,, and pray it doesn't leak?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back