Terrain deepflow is it worth it over other systems

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house has been knocked about in year previous to our ownership and guttering arranged to empty onto other parts of the roof and finally to on one major run of guttering. All in all it takes alot of water and had been barely coping with occasional overflows in heavy rain. Since fixing some of teh feeding gutters and the more regular heavy rains it is overflowing more.

So I figured deeplow gutter on that run would probably cure the problem. But as the water runs off the roof at a fast rate, the wider Terrain deeplow at 131mm rather than the 115 seemed to solve this as well. It doesn't have to join any other gutter so compatability isn't a problem.

So is the extra cost worth it?

Sponsored Links
I would look at the additional costs of fitting the deepflow gutter against the possible costs incurred by sorting out any damage caused by damp penetration from the overflowing rainwater.

It could well be worth the additional costs IMO to ensure the rainwater is drained away properly, as you've said at this point the gutter is carrying water from a large roof area, if its overflowing and not blocked then this in itself is an indication the gutter is undersized for the capacity its required to carry at that point.

I have no doubt I need to increase the capacity of that stretch of gutter. And I know any deepflow will be more expensive than half crescent - but worth it in the long run.

The issue is whether I go for standard 115 wide x 77mm deep, deepflow or Terrain rapidflow at 131mm wide x 82 deep. Mostly it's the additional width which I think would be of benefit considering the speed the water comes off the roof. And the Terrain is considerably more expensive than standard deepflow.

Edit : should have said trying to keep this similar to the rest of the gutter profiles around the rest of the house which is half round. So square, Ogee etc profiles arent really suitable

Sponsored Links
An update and just for information for anybody else thinking of using deepflow guttering.

I costed the Terrain against standard Deepflow for what I needed and the difference was not as large as I had expected - so I bought the Terrain Rapidflow.

I fitted it last weekend - which seemed easier than standard guttering for some reason - and I'm verry impressed. It doesn't stand out as being too large for the roofline or look very different from the half round on the rest of the house and next doors. It blends in very well.

More importantly it works. We have had some pretty heavy rain through the end of last weekend and early part of the week and no overflowing gutters. Result!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back